- Create a new document called "Notes: What is an ecosystem?"
- Go to the website: http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/9d.html
- In your notes define the following terms: abiotic, biotic, species, population, community, ecosystem
- Use your notes as we go over an example.
Skill Check: How to organize you docs (5 min)
Mr. Korchnak will go over how to organize your files in Google Docs.
Discussion: Niches (25 min)
Using Homework 2.21 the class with have a discussion on how an organisms niche impacts its ability to become endangered. Mr. K will either look for volunteers or assign two people to take group notes.
Cool Down (15 min)
- Create a new document called "Notes: Energy Flow"
- Using your own Google Fu (Mr. Korchnak's name for searching skills) define the following terms: autotroph, heterotroph, decomposer, carnivore, herbivore and omnivore.
- Do a good job on this because you'll need it for Homework 2.22.