Earth Day 2014 (5 min)
Before we start class let's take some time to learn about Earth Day.
Create a set of notes titled "Notes: Water Sources" and using the sources below answer the following questions. NOTE: You'll use these same notes for homework tonight.
- 100 Ways To Conserve
- Water Facts of Life Ride the Water Cycle With These Fun Facts
- Toxic Waters
- EPA Water Website
- The USGS Water Science School
- Using at least three different sources give FIVE interesting facts about water that you didn't know. Under each fact give the website.
- Use the sources below explain why fresh water is important to life on Earth and how it is being polluted.
Video: US Water Situation (10 min)
As a class let's watch the video about the water situation here in the United States. Answer the following questions in your notes.
- How much water does one person use a day in the United States? How does that compare to other countries?
- How many states are experiencing a water shortage?
- Which states are experiencing the worst shortage and why?
- What are some solutions to save water?
Working in groups of 2 to 4 complete the form linked below. Only one person in the group need to fill it out. The other members will act as researchers. Remember you're being graded on your level of detail.
Read the instructions below to see what you need to add to the notes you started today in class.