What Do You Know about Climate Change (5 min)
Before we get started let's take a few minutes to talk about what you know about climate change. Below are some of the topics we are going to talk about.
- How is the climate being changed?
- What are some causes of climate change?
- What are some of the effects of climate change?
- How does it relate to what you've been learning about in the weather and atmosphere unit?
What is the Greenhouse Effect? (5 min)
Fill out the survey below and use the results to answer the questions.
Footprint Discussion (5 min)
Let's take a second to look your results and have a short conversation on what you learned.
Independent Research (10 min)
Using the sources below fill out the form to finish class. Be specific and as detail oriented as possible.
- NASA Earth Observatory: Global Warming
- NASA: Climate Change Data
- NASA: Climate Change Time Machine (Interactive Data)
- Discovery Channel: Global Warming Movie (Long Video)
- National Geographic: Global Warming
- New York Times: Global Warming
Use your notes to identify the clouds.