Quiz 2.1 Breakdown (5 min)
Instead of doing a check in today we're going to breakdown the quiz from last week. Once you get yours back look at how many of the questions came from old homework assignments and Check Ins.
Quiz 2.2 Study Guide (5 min)
Here's the study guide for Quiz 2.2. Note this study guide contains the five articles that will be used for the short essay questions on the quiz.
Ethics of Whaling Research Time (20 min)
To practice for our quiz on Monday we're going to discuss the ethics of whale hunting. Working with a partner use the articles linked below to fill out the worksheet. We'll have a short discussion before you make your final judgement.
- Ethics of Whaling Discussion Sheet (Change the name of it to Group #.Whale.Section #)
- Japan ends whaling season short of quota
- Norwegian whaling – based on a balanced ecosystem
- Japanese whaling: Why the West is in the wrong
- Culture clash over Japanese whaling
Ethics of Whaling Discussion (5 min)
Let's take a few minutes to discuss what you just read. Fill out the discussion boxes while the class talks over the issue.
Ethics of Whaling Conclusion (10 min)
Use the rest of class time to write your conclusion.
Tonight's homework is an optional extra credit assignment. If you did poorly on the quiz now is your chance to make up some points.